8/17/09

Party, party, party

May 10-17, 2009

We had such a fun week! We all visited the famous Virginia sites... Monticello, Mt. Vernon, DC, and and hanging in Richmond. To top off the awesome week Saturday morning before the BBQ we went on a family run!!! Steve, Scott, Matt & Curt took off then Amy wanted to go so I went with her to get out of making all that yumy food and let me tell you it was good!

So this is kind of a funny story. In June my friend Ashley Poole moved to Richmond. I was planning Addysons 4th birthday party and she offered to make her cake. Well if you know me I love to throw parties and I like it done my way. I had just met Ashley so I said I will have to pass. Come to find out she became one of my very best friends and she also makes professional cakes. I learned a little something that day. We moved the next May and Addyson Birthday is in June so I asked her to make Steves graduation cake. Not only is it the cutest thing ever it was so good.


As you can imagine, Dental School is a pretty penny so when it came to a graduation present for Steve I didn't know what to do. So I asked all of our family to write Steve a letter and then I put it into a book. The family really came through; not only were there some of the best letters, I only gave them a week to do it. I guess when there is a little pressure we produce good things.

1 comment:

Katie C. said...

Wow, I guess I didn't like sitting next to Amy. My facial expressions show it all! Man, I need a hair cut