4/16/10

Ella meeting her BIG sister

Addyson & Ella

Addyson was so nervous and excited to finally be meeting her little sister. It was a production! Everyone (Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins) was there to see Addyson with Ella.

Addyson was very excited to show Ella off to all of her cousins (11 of her cousins were here!)

Ella's 1st Bath

Ella is a very happy baby. She doesn't really cry, she grunts! But...when she is cold she cries! The bath is not her favorite thing. Or at least getting out of the bath is not her favorite thing!

Addyson was very excited to brush Ella's hair. It's officially Addyson's job!

Addyson's first time changing a diaper!

She did great! She let me do the messy part!

Now that the cousins are all gone and it's just us, she is all about her little sister. Addyson had pink eye and we would not let her touch Ella... lets just say it was an emotional 2 days. She loves holding her and helping out. It was so hard for me to think about how far apart they were going to be but now I realize how good I have it...Ella has 2 mommies!

9 comments:

Christen said...

These make me want to cry a little because Addyson looks so grown up - she is gorgeous! The last picture I totally see Steve in Ella, something in the lips. Your little girls are perfect and yes, how awesome to have a little helper for the babe!

Aly said...

You have two adorable girls! That is nice that Addyson is old enough to help out so much. I forget how tiny little newborns are. Ella is so sweet!

Brittany said...

I know you waited a long time for that moment--they look so very precious together! I'm sure Addyson is going to be the best sister that little girl will ever have. My little sister and I are almost 5 years apart and you would never know it. In fact, now when we go out together people think she is the older one (I guess I am that immature). It's a great age difference and one that we grew up loving. I'm sure it will be the same way with your girls.

Kierstin said...

Love these pictures. What sweet sisters. Addyson will be a great helper. Lots of pink going on in those pictures. Very beautiful. Enjoy every moment. Everyone is glowing in every picture. Beautiful family.

We'll call next time we come down so we can come meet Ella.

Sara said...

What- two posts in one week?!! You must have a cute little babe to be happy to post about:) Addi looks so grown up! I LOVe her and I bet she is just the best big sister ever!

amyrdh said...

With three boys, I am so thankful to have two amazing nieces!

jillpill said...

Oh Sara, I am so happy for you. It is awesome (I think this word fits) to see you with TWO daughters. What a overwhelming wonderful priceless blessing it is to have these two darling sweet girls in your life. Congratulations!!!

Martie W Chandler said...

Life doesn't get better than this! You are so lucky to have such two beautiful daughters. But then again they are very blessed to have such wonderful parents and examples. I think she was worth waiting for :)

Jani Jo said...

They are going to be BEST friends! I am so happy they have eachother:) Gorgeous girls! I totally agree that these 'older' syblings are very helpful--you have an extra set of hands, eyes, & feet....that's what every mom needs:) Your girls are too cute!