7/19/09

Sprint Triathlon

April 14, 2009

I will make this short and sweet because there is too much to blog about and the Triathlon is kind of boring. I just have to document it- so I don't forget it!

Steven and I did a Sprint Tri in April. It was my first and, to be honest, it was a fun day. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but so worth it.
1. Yeah, that's me coming from the swim. Don't look too close or you might go blind (my stomach hasn't seen the sun for awhile). It was a pool swim and Steve and I started together. So for the first few min. I was beating him.
2. Steve coming from the swim.
3. Steve and I in the transition area. It was cool being with him. He has been a great support and I was a little scared so it was fun to be together.
4. Steve coming in from the bike.
5. Me coming in from the bike. Steve and I started the bike together and slowly Steve kept getting smaller and smaller until he was long gone. Then I knew I was all alone I wouldn't see him until the end of the race.
6. Steve leaving for the run.
7. Me leaving for the run. I was so fast the Ashley couldn't get me that good! So you get the back of me.
8. Steve coming through the finish.
9. Me coming through the finish. Don't hate on us coming through looking that "boody" it was hard.
This moment was worth every bit of the race. Seeing Addyson running up to me and the look on Steve's face was a good feeling.
We did the race with our good friends (Tann and Angela Jones). It was Ang and my first one so it was nice to have each other. We miss you guys so much.
The best part of the face as I said before was having my family there. It would not have happen if it wasn't for my awesome friend Ashley. She got up very early, drove 2 hours with us to sit in the HOT sun to support me and to watch Addyson. That is the kind of person she is. I am just so sad that she lives so far a way because I miss her a ton! Thanks again Ash.

8 comments:

Morgan said...

congrats on your first tri!! how fun that you and steve go to do it together. i did a sprint tri with my fam last summer and it was SO fun. i wasn't expecting it to be at all, but i loved it! way to go!

Christen said...

Sara, I miss you guys! I loved reading about Steve trying so hard to get your nephew to like him. Sounds familiar! :) My favorite part about this race is that you did it together. I would LOVE to do something like this (not a sprint, maybe just a race!) with Mike, but I'm having a hard time convincing him. Let's get Steve to whip him into shape!!

Kierstin said...

I am very impressed. You look great!!

I am coming to V-town soon before school starts again and it would be fun to see you. I'll give you a call.

Vongsawad Family said...

Yikes! Good job! Tyler does sprint triathalons and wants me to do it, but I can't bring myself to. When I can atleast run a 5K then maybe I will think about it, but I can't imagine doing that after swimming and biking. Wow girl!

Leah said...

I am so glad you posted about this...I had talked to Ang about it, but this is so much more fun seeing the pictures...congrats to you!!! seriously though...what an accomplishment!

Guenter Family said...

You guys are my heroes. Someday I will do another triathlon. When Steve finally decides to obey the voice of the prophet and move to Utah.

Paige said...

CONGRATS!! Sara your the WOMAN....I have always wanted to do a tri, my friend is wanting me to do one with her next year, but the swim scares me to death, but I think the pool kind sound nice, anyway I think you are totally AWESOME, that is a ton of training and hard work way to go! you do look amazing but that's not really any surprise there. I miss you and Steve and all the pranks, jokes, and laughs.

juliannarichman@blogspot.com said...

This is amazing! Way to go. We miss you and are so bummed we are no longer 8 hours away from each other. Hows Cali?