12/13/09

Getting the Tree


Well this is a Christmas season that I will never forget. Steven and I have been married for 7 years and it was the first Christmas we bought and decorated a tree. I know you all must be thinking what a scrooge! Until this year we had always gone home for Christmas. I just couldn't justify decorating for a week.

I have lugged 4 Christmas boxes around for the last 7 years thinking that I had a ton of decoration . . . boy was I wrong. I have a beautiful Nativity and dang cute stockings but other than that everything is from the $1 store! After we were done putting everything out Addyson asked, "can we decorate tomorrow?". Thats when I had to break the news that this was all we had!!!

Finding the perfect tree is hard work . . . do you know how expensive they are?

If you look close at Steve's finger he is pointing at his empty pockets. Yeah I got the tree I wanted!

We made my parents get out of bed to help us out. It is more than a 2 man job!

It looks great and there is nothing like the feel of the Christmas season. We feel that we have so much to be thankful for.

3 comments:

Guenter Family said...

What an amazing tree. Tell Steve to stop being such a Scrooge. Always thinking about his pocket book. Can't wait for you guys to come to blessed Zion for Christmas.

Katie C. said...

Ooh fluffy tree! I hope it's up for us to see when we come down for New Years.

amyrdh said...

I love that when you finally blog-you post like 10 things!! The holidays look pretty fun and festive in the not-so-small city of Visalia.