3/31/09

10k

Last Saturday I accomplished something that I have never done before. I ran a 10k (that is 6.2 miles)! The run takes place in the heart of Richmond on a street that is lined with monuments of historic figures. There was live music, free food and 3o,ooo runners... it was a party!

Right before the race. Before I knew what I was getting into.

Steve and Addyson were awesome. It was a pretty cold day but they were there for me from the beginning to the end.

You might thinking "why this picture?"... well, Steve and Addyson had just shown up and Addyson was struggling in the hair department. I know I am a little anal but I had to redo her hair.

Before we started we had to get the end in sight.
(finish line in background)

This is at the beginning of the race. Morris was the sign carrier for our wave. It was so much fun to start with all my friends.

Hey!!! Looking at this picture I now know why my shoulders were so sore. That was such an awesome feeling crossing that finish line. I hope to have many more experiences like that!

My face tells everything!

We are still a little shocked that I actually did it. I hate to run! So thank you Steve and Angela for talking me into it. I think I like running now???

I love this little girl so much. She was a little confused why it was me running and not daddy. Its about time I set that one straight... watch out Steve!

The best part of the run was knowing that I had a couple of fans waiting for me. I feel so blessed to have such a supportive family.

Top right picture from right to left: Marci, Ashley Poole, Alyson, me, Amber, Makelle, Ashley Olsen(didn't run just a fan), Angela and Sara.

8 comments:

Julie said...

I already congratulated you, but congrats again! You're awesome...I hate running, but mainly 'cause I can't breath without drugs...so fun. I'm proud of you!

Katie C. said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. If only I could run. 6 miles! Crazy. Mostly I love the picture where Addyson is mesmerized by the balloon.

Kierstin said...

Way to go!! What's next...the half marathon!! You were always a good runner in Elementary school and Jr. High. Cross Country team. You rock!

Jani Jo said...

Wahoo Sara! That's such a HUGE deal! Honestly, I haven't ran since 8th-grade gym... I'm proud of you:0

jillpill said...

I am very very impressed with you and all the other girls! I am a couch sitter and sit in awe of anyone who can show self mastery and dedication like this. (I prefer to master such things as eating an entire bag of whoppers in as few sittings as possible...we all have our priorities...mine are not as noble as yours!) Congratulations on an amazing job well done!

Nicole said...

Way to go!! Angela is a good motivator!!! and I can't believe that you like running now...maybe we should have angela meet us in CA and run one in the fall...or something!

Charla and Jarom said...

Nice work Sara!

STEVE: Look me up... jaromcharlamartin.blogspot.com

Leah said...

once again...WAY TO GO!!! what an accomplishment and I heard you kicked booty!!! Can't wait to hear how the triathalon went and then when you're doing your 1/2 marathon:) Really though...that's great and feels so good at the end!!